As a dedicated and experienced Construction Law Attorney, I help Homeowners, Contractors, and Design Professionals with their legal needs in construction litigation and arbitration.
The Law Offices of John Caravella, P.C., practices primarily in Construction Litigation, Supplier Disputes, Construction Contract Claims, Construction Defects, Construction Disputes, Labor Laws, House Lifting Cases, Real Estate Services, Construction Arbitration and Construction Contract Advising.
Based in Long Island, our firm has three offices in Uniondale, Melville, and Ft Lauderdale, FL.
We have a singular focus on construction law and place an emphasis on communication with our clients to better understand their needs. Clients can expect honesty and trust from every member of our team. It’s this trust and confidence from clients, that always comes first. This serves as a foundational principle for the firm, acting as a driving force for growth since our establishment in 2008.
I developed a passion early on for architecture. As a high school student, I was driven to learn and inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright, my father, and my whole family. My dedication to education and hard work led to a successful career in the field, giving me invaluable experience and skills that serve as not only a unique differentiator, but also as a scaffolding for success in the construction industry.
I’ve been committed to excellence in construction law for two decades.
Credentials & Experience includes:
American Arbitration Association Construction Industry Panel of Neutrals, Nassau County Bar Association Arbitration and Mediation Panel, as well as the Eastern District of New York Hurricane Sandy ADR panels. I’m also a member of the New York State Bar Association and the Nassau County Bar Association Construction Law Committee.
I maintain an “open door” office policy and always provide free, no-obligation telephone consultations.
> Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Alternate Dispute Resolution Qualifications:
- American Arbitration Association
Construction Industry Panel Of Neutrals
- United States District Court
Eastern District Of NY Arbitration Panel
- Nassau County Bar Association Arbitration Panel
- Nassau County Bar Association Mediation Panel
- United States District Court
Eastern District Of NY Mediation Panel
Associations and Memberships:
- Juris Doctorate, Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale FL
- Bachelor of Science, Architectural Technology, New York Inst. Of Technology, Old Westbury NY
- Associate of Construction Technology, State University of New York at Farmingdale NY
Awards / Publications:
- NYSBA – Speaking Certificate
- Leadership in Law Award
- Long Island Business News, Nov. 2014
- ‘The Inconvenient Termination for Convenience‘
New York County Lawyer’s Association, Construction Law Journal
Vol II, Issue I, Spring 2012
- ‘Ones to Watch in Long Island Law‘
Long Island Business News, June 6, 2012.
- ‘Employment and Labor Compliance Challenges for Contractors‘
Nassau County Bar Association, Nassau Lawyer
Vol 11; January 2017
- Overview of Prevailing Wage Law and Litigation – Nassau County Bar Association, Nassau Lawyer
Vol 67, No 5; January 2018
- Following Clients South
Long Island Business News, October 9, 2015
- Many LIers pay for home improvements only to learn costly lesson of buyer beware
Newsday, June 27, 2015
- It’s Easier Being Green
Long Island Business News, July 20, 2012
- Commercial Real Estate Could be the Next Shoe to Drop
Long Island Business News, Dec 18, 2009
Surety Day 2017
- Knowing Your Indemnitors – The Pitfalls in Underwriting
- Sureties VS. Lenders – A Fight for Each Penny
The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Readers of this website should contact their attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular legal matter. No reader, user, or browser of this site should act or refrain from acting on the basis of information on this site without first seeking legal advice from counsel in the relevant jurisdiction. Only your individual attorney can provide assurances that the information contained herein – and your interpretation of it – is applicable or appropriate to your particular situation. Use of, and access to, this website or any of the links or resources contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between the reader, user, or browser and website authors, contributors, contributing law firms, or committee members and their respective employers.